Discover the exciting world of Mexican cuisine with our irresistible Mexican Tortilla Soup! Juicy Roma tomatoes, garlic and onion are roasted to release their full flavor. Ancho and pasilla chilies add a pleasant heat and distinctive flavor to the soup. The crispy tortilla strips, deep-fried in delicious oil until golden brown, add an irresistible crunch to every spoonful.
After a long break it is presented again byArre. We hope you'll support them on Instagram and YouTube. Check out the video about it or read the description further down in the article.
To be able to prepare and collect specialties from Mexico so that German visitors can also find their way around Mexican cuisine is a common goal of ours. MexicoMiAmor.de promotes the culture of Mexican food with these recipe collaborations.
Serving is a treat for the eye, with crispy tortilla strips, juicy avocado chunks, and tender cheese cubes creating an enticing garnish.
This recipe takes some time to prepare, but it is relatively simple in its steps and you will enjoy it a lot with the added spices.
For the Mexican tortilla soup you need the following ingredients
ATTENTION: For this recipe there is the possibility to use the Bundle of the main ingredients for tortilla soup to buy, this is slightly cheaper than the individual prices of the 5 included products in the store.
- 6 tomatoes, z.B. Roma-Tomatoes
- ½ Onion
- 1 Chili Ancho Tajín
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Chilis Pasilla Tajín
- 5 cups of chicken broth or 5 cups of water and spice powder for chicken broth
- 12 Tortillas as a basis - in this video Maíz & Co. Tortillas used
- Epazote-Flakes Xatzé oder Koriander
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cream Cheese Costeño Bajo Grande
Preparation of the Tortilla Soup in the Recipe Video
A recipe video that explains the preparation of the tortilla soup can be found here. Further down you can read the steps also in text form.
1. Cut the ancho chile in half with scissors and remove the seeds. In a comal or skillet, roast the tomatoes over high heat along with the onion, garlic clove and ancho chile. Cut the pasilla chilies into rings. Shake the rings to remove the seeds.
2. Cut tortillas into strips about 0.5 cm thin. Except for one, which is set aside completely.
3. Remove the tomatoes from the grill grate or pan.
4. Heat enough oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, add the pasilla chile slices and fry, stirring constantly so they do not burn..
5. Remove from heat and set aside. In the same oil in which the pasilla chiles were fried, fry the whole tortilla set aside Now crush the tomatoes, onion, ancho chiles, garlic clove and the whole tortilla that was just fried. Add salt, half of the chicken broth (water and chicken broth seasoning powder) and half of the pasilla chile rings.
6. Chop well until all ingredients are mixed..
7. Pass the mixture through a sieve. In the same pan in which you fried the pasilla chile rings, add a little more oil and heat over low heat. Add the already strained ingredient mixture.
8. Add the other half of the chicken broth or water and cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes. When boiling, add a sprig of fresh epazote or a teaspoon of dried epazote flakes. If necessary, season with salt or chicken broth powder.
9. Heat the oil in a pan to deep fry the tortilla strips. Once the oil is hot, brown the tortillas in it. Cut the cheese and avocado into squares. To serve, arrange the tortilla strips, cheese cubes and avocado on the plate. Pour the sauce over the ingredients and finally add some sour cream and some pasilla chile rolls for garnish.
Discover more recipes in this overview with us.
If you have any further questions about this or any other recipes, you can reach Arre! Mexican Essen on the following channels and ask questions.