You should definitely try this vegan taco recipe with homemade salsa verde. Cauliflower is very good as a meat substitute for chicken tacos. It was cooked once again by Arre. We hope you'll support them on Instagram and YouTube. Check out the video about it or read the description further down in the article.
To be able to prepare and collect specialties from Mexico so that German visitors can also find their way around Mexican cuisine is a common goal of ours. MexicoMiAmor.de promotes the culture of Mexican food with these recipe collaborations.
Cauliflower is increasingly used as a chicken substitute. You can boil it, pan fry it or even deep fry it in a hot air fryer, depending on your mood.
Overall, this recipe is relatively quick to prepare and you'll appreciate it for the tomatillos and added spices.
For Vegan Cauliflower Tacos with Salsa Verde you need the following ingredients
- 1 large piece of cauliflower
- 1 ½ onion
- 822 g Whole Tomatillos from Carey
- 30 g Coriander / Cilantro
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 TL Oregano
- 1 TL Marjoran
- 150 ml Water
- Tortillas as a base - in this video Mexican GoodFood were used
- Black pepper
- Optional Supplement: Refried Beans (can be heated very quickly in a small saucepan separately).
Preparation of Vegan Cauliflower Tacos with Green Sauce in the recipe video
A recipe video that explains the preparation of the cauliflower tacos can be found here (the video also has English subtitles). Below you can also read the steps in text form.
1. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Remove most of the stems.
2. Finely chop the onions in cubes, set one half aside.
3. Finely chop cilantro and set aside in a small bowl. The cilantro will go on the tacos later.
4. In a stand mixer, put half of the onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of marjoram, 150 ml of water and the tomatillos.
5. Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the other half of the onions. Sauté the remaining clove of garlic crushed.
6. Add cauliflower after a short time and season with salt and pepper. Add about 50ml more oil on top of the cauliflower.
7. Fry in the pan for about 3 minutes.
8. Add the mixed green sauce / salsa and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes.
9. Heat the Tortillas a flat pan (eg. Comal). Wrap in a tortillero or drying dish towel to warm. Optionally still heat bean puree in a few minutes separately in a small pot and eat as a side dish.
Discover more recipes in this overview with us.
If you have any further questions about this or any other recipes, you can reach Arre! Mexican Essen on the following channels and ask questions.