A sweet and sour delicacy presented by the cookbook author Berenice "La Bere" Granada Vargas of "KOCHEN WIE IN MEXIKO". The Carlota de Limón is created with the Marias cookies from our store. A highlight, that can be eaten both in winter and summer time as well at coffee and cake time of your day.
This dish is based on lots of condensed milk and whipped cream, delicious cookies and lime and is relatively quick to prepare.
Did you know. La Bere has cooked in various restaurants in Mexico. Today she is a sought-after cooking teacher and gives cooking classes primarily in the Munich area.
We introduce you to Mexican food not only as spicy salsas. If you want to get a real overview of the diversity of Mexican cuisine, we highly recommend the Rezipe Overview, with more recipes from La Bere and other collaborators. At the end of this article you will also learn how to contact La Bere on one of her profiles.
- 6 Organic limes
- 340 g Condensed milk
- 220 g Whipped cream
- 400 g Sweetened condensed milk
- 170 g package of Mexican Marias Cookies
- Utensils: Mixer and about 1.5 liters round cake pan, refrigerator
1. Wash and squeeze five of the limes. Reserve the juice and set aside the remaining lime for a later decoration.
2. Place condensed milk, whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in a container for a blender and blend until you get a creamy consistency.
3. Place Maria's cookies in the baking pan, so that they fill the pan almost perfectly, spread the mixture partially over them, cover again with cookies (the intermediate layers can be spread more loosely), repeat layers until the cake pan is filled and your mixture is used up (best to save 2-3 more cookies.)
4. Put the mold in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
5. Before serving, decorate with a few cookie pieces, slice the remaining lime and also place on top of your Carlota as decoration.