For fall, winter and spring, this vegan recipe for a fortifying yet light yam soup is ready for you with the cheese Queso Costeño from the brand of Bajo Grande a delicious meal ahead that will give you new energy in low temperatures.
Watch the video to know all the preparation steps, below you will find the steps again in written form.
The recipe in text form
- 330g Bajo Grande's Queso Costeño
- 1 Yam root
- 1 red onion + 1 Spring onion
- Narrow bell pepper / chili bell pepper (red or green)
- 3 Knoblauchzehen
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
Cut the onion and bell bell pepper into squares and peel the garlic.
- Peel and chop the yam. In a large pot, bring 5 liters of water to a boil and add the garlic and enough salt and pepper.
In a pan, add olive oil and sauté onion, bell bell pepper and green onion.
Add to the boiling water the yam and onion and bell pepper mixture and simmer until thickened.
- Cut the Costeño-Cheese into 2 x 2 cm big dices and put them into the soup.
Chop cilantro and add directly to pot or plate.
- Let it cook some minutes before serving.
Suitable side dishes and ingredients in this case are additional rice, avocado, lime juice, more cheese or - but then no longer vegetarian - crispy chicharrón / pork cracklings. Enjoy your yam soup with cheese!
This recipe was kindly provided by Bajo Grande. Find more infos and recipes on their Website.