This central Mexican recipe is cooked with tomatillos, chipotle chilies and beef Arre. She has already published more than 100 recipe videos on her YouTube channel. Watch the video or read the description further down in the article.
In cooperation with Arre, we are happy to help gather the knowledge through our recipe blog articles for authentic dishes from Mexico and especially help our Non-Mexican visitors to understand. It is an honor for MexicoMiAmor.de with these recipe collaborations to bring the culture of Mexican food to your home.
Beef Entomatado is a lunch or hot dinner consumed in this way, for example, in Guerrero. As a side dish you can eat red or white rice with it.
Allow enough time for the whole process of preparation, because the beef must be well cooked. The result will give you a great appetite.
For Beef Entomatado you need the following ingredients
- 250g Beef steak
- 250g Leg slice
- 822g whole Tomatillos i.e. from Carey
- Chili Chipotle in Adobo (a small portion is enough)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- A few tablespoons of oil
- 2 liters of water to boil in the pot
- Tortillas as side dish
- Rice (white or red) as a side dish, can also be placed on the tortillas
Preparation of beef entomatado in the recipe video
For the exact preparation of Mexican Beef Entomatado feel free to watch the following video below. Further down you will find the steps also in text form.
1. Cut the meat into manageable pieces and put in a large pot with 2l of water
2. Add 1/2 onion and 1 clove of garlic and salt to taste.
3. Cover the pot with a lid and cook everything together for 1.5 hours.
4. After the time, fish the pieces of meat out of the pot with a sieve and drain. Keep the broth from the pot!
5. Cut the other half of the onion into half-moon pieces and the remaining clove of garlic into fine strips.
6. In a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil, sauté the onions and garlic, then the pieces of meat with a little oil also in a pan.
7. When the meat is browned, add the onions and garlic from the other pan.
8. Add the whole tomatillos (without the canned water) to the skillet and, using a spatula, gently mash the tomatillos as you go.
9. Add 3/4 cup of the beef broth from the pot to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add 1-3 chipotle in adobo chili peppers, depending on how much heat is desired, and stir everything together.
10. Tortillas a shallow pan (i.e. Comal) heat, serve with cooked rice if desired, arrange everything on a plate and enjoy.
Discover more recipes in this overview with us.
If you have any further questions about this or any other recipes, you can reach Arre! Mexican Essen on the following channels and ask questions.
Back to MexicoMiAmor.de Mexican food and culture blog