You want to try vegetarian tacos Salteado de Flor de Calabaza? Then watch the recipe video in this blog article. YouTuber Arre is known for her delicious Mexican recipes. She prepares Mexican food in such a way, that you can enjoy the specialties very authentically with a taste like from Mexico. Arre and we are keen to bring you the knowledge of these Mexican recipes here to MexicoMiAmor.de.
With Arre's permission we present here the recipe for the squash blossom tacos with blue Tortillas from Masamor, which of course you can mostly get here in our store. You only need a good half dozen ingredients for this, but you still get an excellent pure Mexican dish with blue tortillas.
"The squash flower is rich in calcium, phosphorus and potassium, which makes it very nutritious. Today it is most often prepared in quesadillas, soups and creams and stuffed with cheese." - Arre
By the way, the blue tortillas are not colored at all. In Mexico, there are many natural corn varieties with colors other than those of the yellow corn popular in this country. In addition, Masamor tortillas are labeled with the Swiss organic seal and are made from all-natural ingredients. Corn tortillas are usually also completely gluten-free.
Arre points out that this dish can be prepared completely without oil, which is, of course, convenient at the moment. (This article was written during the Ukraine crisis, oil and flour were almost impossible to buy at that time).
For the squash blossom tacos you need the following ingredients
- ½ onion
- 150 g Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Lime
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
Preparation of the squash blossom tacos in the recipe video.
For the exact preparation of the Mexican squash blossom tacos please watch the recipe video below.
Here is the YouTube video of Arre with which you will succeed in the preparation.
Here you will find the preparation steps again in text form:
- Cut half an onion into small cubes and keep ready
- Cut mozarella cheese into small cubes and have ready
- Pour 150ml of water into a hot pan
- Add diced onion and fry for about 3 minutes
- Add another 100ml of water and spread onions well in the pan, fry until they become soft and a little transparent.
- Add the nopales without drying them and let them cook well
- Remove chilies contained in the nopales if you don't like it so spicy
- Season with garlic salt and black pepper and stir well
- Add 300g pumpkin blossoms and cook well
- Add the mozarella cheese and mix in well for 2 minutes stirring gently
- Then add the rest of the squash blossoms but do not stir in any more
- Boil until the visible water has evaporated
- Place blue tortillas in a shallow pan over medium heat, flip after one minute, remove when they puff up slightly.
- Place tortillas on a plate and top with the squash blossom-nopales-cheese-onion mixture. If necessary still with a pour over red salsa e.g. from Ki Gourmet.
For those who do not have time, there are a few other Mexican ready meals you can find here in our store.
If you have any further questions about this or any other recipes, you can reach Arre! Mexican Essen on the following channels and ask questions.
Back to MexicoMiAmor.de Mexican food and culture blog