After the Guadalupe Reyes Marathon - a time when there is a lot of eating over the holidays in Mexico - some of you are taking advantage of the days in January to start eating healthier again.
The MexicoMiAmor team has prepared a simple and well-known recipe that will help you get energized at the beginning of the week.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans (if then omit the cream and cheese garnish).
Just try it out!
The Mexican style zucchini cubes recipe
For 2 people:
- 500 gr. Green Zucchini (also 2 bis 3 Stück)
- 300 gr. Roma-Tomatoes
- Half an Onion
- One Garlic Clove
- One can Aviles white Mexican corn 220 gr.
- Salt and pepper according to own imagination
- Vegetable oil (about 2 tablespoons)
- 170 ml. Water
- Finely chop the onion and garlic clove.
- Cut the zucchini into medium-sized cubes.
- Cut the tomato into medium-sized cubes.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the onion first and then the garlic (add it after the onion so it doesn't burn).
- Add the zucchini and a pinch of salt and fry for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring and add the tomatoes, peppers and water (the amount of water may vary, you can add more if the pot requires it).
- Add white corn of Aviles 220 gr. (you can also adjust the amount to your liking, if there are any corn kernels left, you can use Esquites with lemon and Tajín )
- Mix the ingredients together, cook for another 10 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
As a side dish for vegetarians (not for vegans): créme fraiche and Queso Costeño Bajo Grande.
You can make the dish little by little in Masamor corn tortillas wrap or eat the tortillas on the side, tearing off small pieces at a time.
¡ Buen Provecho!
Back to MexicoMiAmor.de Mexican food and culture blog