The tropical ceviche dish, is a summer Mexican recipe from Arre. She regularly produces recipe videos. In this case, you can display German texts (overlay in the video) and English texts (activate subtitles) in the video.
In cooperation with Arre, we are happy to help collect their knowledge through recipe blog articles for dishes from Mexico and especially bring them closer to German customers. MexicoMiAmor.de is happy with such active recipe cooperation to bring the food culture of Mexico to you.
Ceviche is a dish originally from Peru. It is widely consumed in this way on the Pacific coast of Mexico, as it contains fish and is also refreshing. As a base for the meal, the large roundish Habanero Totopos from Tlaxcalli are perfect. They also add a very nice spicy touch.
For the timing in advance, you must take into account that a mixture is stored in the refrigerator for about 2.5 hours in between before you can proceed.
For Ceviche you need the following ingredients
- 500g Pangasius fillet (Fisch)
- 1 Orange
- 3 Lime
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Red onions
- 2 Mangos
- 1/2 Cup chopped coriander
- 3 Tomatoes
- Orange-Chili-Salt (Orange, Chile, Salt Mix)
- Black pepper
- Totopos with Habanero Chili
Preparation of Ceviche in the recipe video
For the exact preparation of the Mexican tropical Ceviche meal just watch the following video below. Further down you will find the steps also in text form.
1. Cut the fish fillets into squares, about 1cm dices
2. Put the fish in a small baking dish e.g. made of glass
3. Squeeze the juice of one orange and three limes over the fish in the mold
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix gently without crushing the fish
5. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2.5 hours
6. Cut the red onions and the mango into cubes. Then put the fish mixture in a larger baking dish and then distribute the red onion cubes and the mango cubes over it and mix carefully.
7. Cover again and put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Then chop the cilantro and dice the tomatoes (remove the seeds).
8. Take the dish out of the refrigerator, sprinkle with the orange chili salt mixture and black pepper
9. Place the Habanero Chili Totopos / Tortilla Chips on the outside of a plate and the Ceviche mixture in the middle - garnish with a few avocado slices if desired - you can spoon the Ceviche mixture onto the Totopos like a mini tostada, but you can also eat both separately alternately
For those who do not have time, there are a few other Mexican ready meals here in our store.
If you have any further questions about this or any other recipes, you can reach Arre! Mexican Essen on the following channels and ask questions.